H5 Zoom - Sudden Issue

Looking to get a podcast question answered? Whether it's find a solution to a problem or trying to figure out the best way to accomplish something, ask your question here. Please make sure to check the Tutorials, Guides and How Tos before asking your question.
bobintejas

H5 Zoom - Sudden Issue

Post by bobintejas » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:03 pm

Greetings & Salutations :-)

I have an H5 and have used it for podcasting and other production needs, I've never had a problem. Great sound quality, especially when paired with a good mic. I decided to test the mic that comes with the H5 Zoom (the one on top) for field interviews but it did not deliver the quality I needed. No big, test done.

I cable in my Equitek E100S microphone via the line one port as I have always done for my podcast, but when I push on the line one button/channel to tell the H5 that's where I’m recording (versus the top mic- which I removed), the screen goes blank. Battery power is fine. When I hit record, the screen says “No Channel - Record Ready.”

I'm not particularly technical but I've never had a problem setting up the mic or using it for my podcast, and I always get great output. Since testing the top mic, I can't get it to work and I have a big project that I need to push out.

I would really appreciate any help as to what might be going on?

Many thanks for your time,
Bob